Thursday, October 25, 2007

Teacher leave those kids alone!

Well I think I am close to the end of this fricken illness, I had maybe three hours a sleep because of this damn cough! I finally got up about 11 and just sat straight up on the couch to at least sleep some with out coughing myself to death! Wow, I didn't realize how many muscles I have in my rib cage, my stomach and my back but each and every one of them hurt when I just breathe!!!! Let me tell you cough syrup, that is a racket I would like someone to tell me which one actually does a fucking thing because I certainly haven't found one that actually stops you from coughing! I think Theresa would agree with me on this, because unfortunately she is dealing with the same illness. Well enough bitchin'!
None of you have sent me your answers yet from the 13 questions on firsts but I think many of you do want to answer them and just haven't gotten around to sending them. Hopefully you all will send at least some of them I think it is fun to reminisce about our younger days and it is great fun to share with friends. So today I will answer one of them to get the ball rolling, maybe this will draw out some of you shy ones!
1. First day of school...... Wow, can you believe it I actually remember this! Kindergarten at Fairdale Elementary School was a day of total excitement for me, I was a big girl and I begged my mother to please, please let me walk home, it was only about 5 blocks away and besides I was a whole 5 years old. My mother walked me to school that morning showing me how easy it would be to walk home and she would wait in our alley for me. My mother could see the playground from the alley so she could see me walk all the way home. I never faltered on my braveness telling her no worries I can do this mom, I am a big girl! Well...... the final bell rang I ran to the playground and proceeded to walk down the big hill to get across the playground and that is when it happened..... 5 year old panic attack! I started bawling really hard and I ran all the way back up the hill and back into the school. Little did I know my mother was in the alley the whole time screaming my name so I wouldn't run back up the hill. Well my mother walked to the school and got me, and actually after that day I walked to and from school with no more panic attacks. This is such a funny thing to remember about my first day of school, but it also reminds me of how much my mother made me feel safe and sometimes how badly you can actually miss those simple times of being a child and your mother is your world.
So everyone lets hear what you remember from that far back. First day of school. Everyone send me your answers at least on this one today so I can post everyone's answers for tomorrows blog. Remember it doesn't have to be the actual first day of school it could be one of those first days that stick out in your mind as rememberable. Have fun with it, I did! Love all around.
Thought for the day:

When you say, 'I love you,' mean it

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First day of kindergarten I was very excited. My teacher's name was Mrs. Treadway. She had remodeled her garage to accommodate about 25 students. Mrs. Treadway and I had an issue over the way I printed my "A's" . I wanted to make a swirl "a" and she wanted the traditional "A". I decided to keep making the "A" the way I wanted, because she couldn't tell me how to print my letters. What a stubborn little shit, I was. (Maybe still am)
Anyway, at kindergarten graduation, I informed my mother that I knew how to spell and read and therefore I didn't need to go on to 1st grade....(ha ha) My mom thought I was a pretty funny little kid, I obviously did go to 1st grade and ended up graduating at the top of my class!! Paula

~M~ said...

thanks Paula I will post this tomorrow, you go girlie you make them swirly! Your independence is something I admire about you!