Monday, October 1, 2007

Here is #1 in the stories about me...... Happy Monday!

First Day on the Job
By Kelli (French~fry)

So here is my story of how and when I met Michelle. It was my first day on the job at WL. And there wasn’t much here at this job site. The offices weren’t finished, I was working out of a construction trailer and there were cute cowboys all around and one Canadian with an awesome accent. So I’m in the construction trailer and they are telling me what they need me to do first, which is mostly shopping and I was totally good with that. Ha ha. Then the Canadian and the cowboy said have you talked to Michelle yet? I said no I haven’t talked to anyone. And they both said oh just wait until you meet her. And they proceeded to warn me about Michelle. So I called her and she seemed so very sweet and pleasant and I loved her voice, I just knew we were going to be good friends from that first day that we met. We talked a lot that day and we have talked a lot pretty much every day since then! A lot of guys from her plant came down here to Cedar to help get this plant up and running and all of them seemed to warn me about her too! I was traveling up to meet her in a couple of weeks and she would train me on my job duties and everyone kept warning me and warning me about her and I thought the sweet girl that I talk to on the phone? Why in the world should I be worried about meeting her?? So then I fly to Casper and go the hotel and Michelle is picking me up in the morning. I’m nervous, of course and I’m waiting right inside the door for her and here she comes in this purple pt cruiser and I get in and Shook me all night long from AC/DC is BLARING she is wearing a leather Harley coat and she has a cigarette hanging out of her mouth. I was like whoa I thought this was a cowboy town! I happen to know the song she is blaring so we sang the whole time on the freeway and I was thinking oh my goodness what kind of company am I working for! No just kidding, we hit it off wonderfully from the first day and she is one of my dearest friends. I love you Michelle and thanks for being you.



Thanks for the memory Kelli. When I picked Kelli up that day I was like oh shit she was wearing a jean skirt and a dress top pretty sure it was pink, and I thought to myself I am going to scare her! I also really think it is funny how the men around here “warn” all the new employees about Michelle. Funny thing is I take care of all of them but I am very brash, out spoken, and usually get what I want because I don’t put up with any amount of shit. When they need something done all of them know I will come through. And at least everyone always knows where I am coming from. To think I use to be shy and meek when I was young. I often wonder what in the hell happened? Thanks for sharing French~fry you are an awesome friend! (here are some pictures of the boys I work with!)

Thought for the day:
Never make a woman angry...
There will be Hell to pay later!










No comments: