Thursday, October 4, 2007

#2 in the stories about Me....

Being scared….
By Kelly (Blue Genie)

I remember the first time Michelle asked me to come out with her. You see I have been teaching dance for 15 years and in the growth of our studio we started doing adult classes. Michelle signed up for hip hop and also clogging. Well after a couple years of knowing her as "Brooke's Mom", I began seeing another side of her....a wild and crazy side. I myself am a closet crazy person, and I love to get crazy and not always have to be known as "Miss Kelly". Sometimes the stories I would hear coming from Michelle in clogging class would about put me on the floor! (Sometimes from laughter and sometimes I wanted to go in a hole and hide from her!) Of course I always loved to hear the stories; it made clogging class very entertaining. I believe the stories I enjoyed to most were the ones she would tell when the boss lady wasn't in class. Stories of her dancing on the bars, dancing on the stages, and all of the crazy trouble she found but never got into! So my 30th birthday was coming up and I was telling the girls in class that I didn't know what I wanted to do for it and Michelle says, "I'll take you out for your birthday Miss Kelly" keep in mind she says this right after sharing what she did at the titty bar the night before. Honestly, I was scared to death! I live a very different life outside of the dance studio, and at that time I didn't think Michelle knew about my secret life, (turns out she knew a lot longer than I thought). So anyway I go home and tell DD, aka Billie O, that Michelle wants to take me out for my birthday. She was scared too, I know she was. I never did end up going out with Michelle for my 30th, I just wasn't ready to let my wild side out with the "mom", but she will definitely be at my 31st and many more to come! Michelle isn't scary at all, and now she is way more to me than "Brooke's Mom" Michelle is comfortable with herself and her actions! Thank you Michelle for your persistence and patience in my friendship! YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!

Love ya!
Blue Genie

Kelly you mean the world to me to sugar! Not only are you an awesome dance teacher you are an awesome person inside and out! I asked Kelly frequently to go out with me because I knew that girl needed fun and I also knew she was afraid to be herself. I wanted her to know there are people out there that accept you as who you are! I knew I could let her be her and surround her with people that allowed the same. I also adored Dd and hadn’t got to see her much since she quit working at the studio and since they live together I knew if I got them both out they would have fun! To let Kelly’s crazy out of the closet has made my life even more fun! My friends love Kelly and Dd with all they have! You both have been a great addition to our circle. Now I have someone to dance along side of me on the bar!
Thought for the day:

Never Judge a book by its cover.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so maybe I was a little scared, but I honestly just wanted us to be us and I didn't think that was possible with "moms" from the studio. Thank God we found out differently and Thank God you and all your friends have opened their lives and hearts to us too. I don't know what we would do without all you guys. Yes I do, we would do NOTHING, something we used to be good at. Probably because nothing requires no clothes, and that is something we are all good at. LOL

~M~ said...

ha-ha. I think there is a little something something going on when there are no clothes involved! I am glad we have such a good group of friends to have fun with. Anyone in life that doesn't accept you for you, isn't worth your time of day! Remember that! Everyone is worth knowing, you never know when that person you didn't give the time could of changed your life! Love ya! M