Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Love at first sight....

Tim hmmmm isn’t he gorgeous? I think so. I have been with Tim since I was 15 years old and he was just 17 if you know what I mean. Ha-ha that is from a song isn’t it? I married Tim when I was 18, on February 13, 1988. Love at first sight is it for real? I think if you hear Tim and my story you will believe it is…..

I was a sophomore that year and everyday I saw this gorgeous blue eyed Senior boy walk by the lunch table me and my girlfriends sat at, I told them the first day I saw him “I am going to marry that guy right there!” They of course laughed at me, because he had a girlfriend. But a few weeks later when I started dating him, they started to wonder if I was going to set out and do what I stated. How did I get a date with Mr. Blue eyes? Well, one day I was walking down the hall with my girlfriend Rita and her friend Laurie (a girl I didn’t know that went to a different Junior High that Rita just introduced me to). Just then I saw him and told Rita there he is the guy I think is cute, and just then Laurie my newly acquired acquaintance chimes in “That’s my brother!” Laurie then yells hey Tim and points at me while she yells down the hall “this girl likes you!” (Laurie is to the left and well me I am on the right, nice hair huh?) Well that night I get a call and I said Hello twice, before Tim responded and he told me who he was and asked me to a movie. (I found out later it took him a while to respond because his sister Laurie had to call me and throw the phone to Tim because he was really, really shy!) October 29th 1984 we went to a movie, Tim asked me to marry him the summer of 1987, and if you wonder if he is my soul mate then let me tell you about the ring he purposed to me with….

You know High School girls in love have a tendency to look in the jewelry store windows and dream of the wedding ring they will wear one day. Well I was no different. Every time my girlfriends and I were at the mall I would peer into this one window in particular and stare at this one ring every time. I dreamed of the day that I could have a ring like that, and teased Tim how I stared at a wedding ring at the mall all the time. One night he drove me up to the mountains, we parked and we were sitting next to each other listening to a tape (ha-ha totally 80’s I know) and he was playing with my finger and I asked him what he was doing and I noticed he was slipping a ring on my finger. Imagine my surprise when he was asking me to marry him and at the same time I notice he bought the exact ring that I wished for. He didn’t even know what ring I stared at! (What is funny the night before I went to the mall and almost cried because the ring was no longer in the window!) I tell you, I knew right then and there I was going to marry my soul mate.

Tim and I have had are ups and downs, but you know what are downs were the thing that really brought us closer and now we have a bond that is unbreakable. We like many others thought when you get married it was Happily Everafter, but this isn’t Cinderella and actually after you get married is when the work begins. I am glad we worked hard and we are still together and I look forward to growing old with this man! Tim and I are opposites with a lot of things but isn't that what love is about, loving everything about that person? Tim I love you with all my heart, my soul and everything I am. (I will scan some pictures of us back in the day sometime soon!) (Rita is to the right and Laurie (my sister in law) is up and to the left.)

Thought for the day:

I read this in a book that this man dedicated to his deceased wife and it is something that I like to recite to Tim from time to time.

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of you, nor does a night go by that I don’t dream of you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a love story!!! How dreamy to actually find your soul mate in high school! You two are the best, for eachother and as friends!
Love you both!

Anonymous said...

YOU GUYS ROCK! I LOVED YOUR STORY AND LOVE YOU BOTH VERY MUCH. I JUST TOLD KELLY THE OTHER DAY, TIM AND MICHELLE HAVE A CONNECTION LIKE US, THAT NO ONE OR ANYTHING COULD EVER COME BETWEEN. NO SUPRISES ARE NICE. A RELATIONSHIP BUILT SOLELY ON TRUST!! NOT SOMETHING EASY TO FIND THESE DAYS. THANK GOD FOR BOTH OF YOU AND FOR KELLY TOO.

~M~ said...

You both have brought new dimension in Tim and I's life. I am very thankful for the both of you. Love isn't easy but if you have it every problem is overcomable.

I read an old note from Stacey and at 13 years old she wrote something so funny. We didn't even know what it meant probably but now I laugh cause I really do!

Stacey wrote:

Don't make love by the garden gate. Love is blind but the neibors ain't!

Love you both! M

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to tell me that your neighbors are not BLIND? This information might have been handy the night I decided to mow the grass for Tim. HaHa!!!! I love you hunnee!!! Keep writing, I look forward to your stories every day. I can't wait for the HUMP day song in your head. I listened to "Crazy Bitch" on the way to work today. Smooches!!!!!!!!!!!

~M~ said...

and we all know I am crazy, lucky for today I wrote the blog yesterday or you would of got something totally different from me! Sometimes life is just stressful! Hell have a drink on me, things look better after a drink! Love ya! Mish