Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Prepare for a Wedding.....

Well last night Theresa, Chauntelle and I started our water aerobics class to get fit and looking good for Theresa's June wedding. This class is fun! When all is said and done the instructor told us we run in the water about a mile in a 1/2 each class that is 58 in a 1/2 laps! Let me tell you this is a work out! When you get done with an hour of constant moving you feel like a jelly fish and you are shriveled! This class is a challenge but fun all at the same time. I love water so what better way to exercise? We do all this in a indoor aquatic center in what they call the lazy river. What is lazy about this river is the question! We use these foam bar bells and go around this river with and against the current doing different things with our arms and legs for 45 minutes. Then the last 15 minutes we work our abs in the pool. The good thing is doing it in the water I am not sore today but I really felt great after the work out. I think after doing this 2 days a week until June we will be looking pretty damn good! I am just hoping my arms will look good enough to wear what I am sure will be a spaghetti strapped dress. I have never worn a spaghetti strapped dress because of the horror of what I feel my arms look like in one! ha-ha But I would wear anything Theresa asked me to so I better get busy and get myself in shape so I don't feel totally uncomfortable in a gown with my old lady arms!!! What was interesting about doing this water aerobics is the spectators. I wasn't to thrilled when I got in the pool to see like 3 men just sitting on the sides watching! There were children in the other pools playing with their mothers but what in the hell were these men doing on the sidelines of the lazy river? I DON'T need a cheering section! Crazy all I could figure is they were waiting to swim? Who knows but what woman wants a man sitting there watching her look like a total dumb ass running around a lazy river? And believe me with the women in our class it isn't really a great place to pick up a date! So if any of you want to join us go sign up! Love all around!
Thought for the day:
When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

2 comments:

French Fry said...

OMG! That sounds like so much fun! I can imagine you feel like a jelly fish. You look beautiful in everything you wear Mish so don't worry about a thing. I'm jealous, I want to join!
Love ya,
Kelli

~M~ said...

your are so sweet, I just know what to wear to hide the extra's! What woman doesn't have some goodies to put away after having children! I wished you were here to do it with us too! Love ya!