Monday, January 14, 2008

The Peppermint Stick Did It.....

Hey all. Had an awesome weekend all but one thing that is.... I will get to the one thing later... Friday night Tim & I just took it easy and then Saturday night for Mark's Birthday we all went to the 303's Elixir. When we first walked in we all felt out of sorts. This club was as little fancier then we were used to. Tiger stripped carpet, leather couches and chairs and NO smoking! Another thing odd is in this fancy lounge they only offered 3 kind of beers besides the imports so we had a choice of Bud Light, Michelob Ultra or Budweiser Select and it was $5.00 a bottle for the first time ever my mixed drink was cheaper then Tim's beer! After we bitched a bit about the price of beer and the lack of selection and not being able to smoke not even in the Cigar room we had a really, really good time! Can you believe it was only cigars in the cigar room? Cigars smell worse then cigarettes any day! Well anyway I will get off the no smoking thing because in the reality of it I felt better the next day not smoking so much and not inhaling everyone else's second hand smoke. I think it is really convincing me to quit!!!! The band was good they are old friends of Tim and Me's. They are two brothers and a son to one of the brothers. Tim grew up with the two brother's Julian & John John and we watched Drew Julian's son grow up so it was nice to go hear them play. They played different music then we usually hear in the bar. They played a lot of Stevie Ray Vaughn. They loved that our wild bunch all came out because we filled over half the lounge and we all danced our ass's off! After the band stopped at midnight we decided to head over to Butch's, which is unfortunate because then I wouldn't be out some money today if we hadn't gone there isn't hind sight 20/20. We pull into Butch's and I drive clear up the parking lot to fucking discover some dumb asshole parked and blocked the fucking drive through! I was pissed because I had to back up in pitch fucking dark almost a block's length. So I start backing up very slowly and hit my break lights every now and then so we can see what the hell is behind us and then boom! I said "what the fuck?" and Dd said you must of just bottomed out because the cars weren't even near us and I said "NO that couldn't be it I am in a Jeep!" So I pull up and hit my break lights look in my side mirror to see what the hell happened and there was this stupid ass Peppermint stick painted pole that stuck out a little further then the telephone pole. I was pissed at this point but what do you do right? So we finally parked got out and looked what the fucking candy stick did to my Jeep. It broke out my tail light completely and put a dent in my bumper in my now not pristine Jeep! So we will see what the damage is to my pocket book today! Damn fucking peppermint stick painted pole anyway!!!! Well we get into Butch's and what a narley crowd there were fights and too many crank whores in there so we danced a few and called it a night! I have really good pics from our fun but I don't have them downloaded yet as soon as I do I will post them! Sunday Tim & I went to lunch and then hung out at the Moonlight for a while so Zug Zug wouldn't be bored working. So all and all the weekend was a smash sort of speak! LOL Love all around!
Thought for the day:
Never expect more then you give!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to leave a quick note and say it was really nice to see the crew on Saturday! It was a blast, as always. I also wanted to announce that it is official, Kelly and I will be closing on our house next Wednesday. FINALLY!!!! So we will be busy moving, painting, and spending lots of money. We will try to still see everyone, but don't be suprised if we stay out of action for a while, just until we get settled. We love you all and plan to keep in touch. We just won't be going OUT as much. Smooches and Hugs!!

~M~ said...

We are so happy for you!!! And we will help with whatever you might need!

Anonymous said...

A lil song for ya'all!!!

"I'm so excited,
and I just can't hide it.
I'm a 'bout to loose control,
and I think I like it, OH YEAH!"

This weekend was great, thanks everyone for a wonderful time! I think I am sick though...no one should ever be as excited about moving as I am. I can't fucking wait :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you used that song. Too funny.