Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My HEART goes out to a good friend....

Loss. It is never easy. Kelli honey I am so sorry for your loss. Some of my friends know Kelli found out she was pregnant. It was to be shared at Christmas time but she told me early. Last night I got a tearful call from Kelli, she rushed to the doctor yesterday and there was no heartbeat. She had lost her baby. My heart broke with her heart, her tears became my tears. And I knew today I had to use my blog to help her through this time of need. Kelli I am here for you.
At first Kelli was a little frightened at the prospect of being pregnant at 38, hell I even almost broke out in hives when she told me in fear it was contagious! As time went on though and she heard the heartbeat at her first doctors appointment it really sunk in she was pregnant! She was getting more and more use to the idea and the excitement began. We even spent a part of the day shooting back and forth names for the new baby. Kelli wanted a boy, why? because she was tired of girl drama. She has two daughters and a son right now. ha-ha. Even I was very excited for her, all women when they know they can't have anymore children miss knowing they will never get to feel the first kick again or get to hold something so small and dear that you actually took part in creating. Kelli was coming into the realization she would get to do and feel all those things again that she thought she would never get to feel again. I know at times in life we question why things happen, but I hope Kelli takes these words. I honestly believe everything happens for a reason even though they are hard to understand at the time. God's will is hard to grasp but I truly believe he does what is best at all times. He would never give a child with special needs to a mother that couldn't handle such a child, so maybe this was his way of knowing this pregnancy wasn't right or maybe the time wasn't right or something wasn't healthy with the baby. These words were spoken to me when I lost a baby. It was comforting to hear yet I still had a hard time understanding the "why"? Kelli I want you to know you did nothing wrong to cause this no thought or action on you part made this happen. I remember feeling as if I was somehow to blame but you know in your heart of hearts that isn't so. Kelli you are in my thoughts and prayers today, and I know all my friends will feel the same. Your pain is my pain. I love you, hon. Time really does heal, cry your tears until there are no more and know we all cry with you.
Thought for the day:
If he brings you to it, he will bring you through it.
Here is a perfect story that came to me at a perfect time.
Two Traveling Angels
Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room. Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement. As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied,"Things aren't always what they seem. "The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest.When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field. The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen? The first man had everything, yet you helped him, she accused. The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die. "Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied."When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall.Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it." "Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed,the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him the cow instead.Things aren't always what they seem. "Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way they should. If you have faith, you just need to trust that every out come is always to your advantage. You just might not know it until some time later..

10 comments:

French Fry said...

Thank you so much for those words and your prayers. It is hard, harder than I ever realized. I was glad I got to see the baby on the ultrasound to know that it was real and I'm scared to death for this surgery on Friday but I just keep praying and I know it will be ok. Thanks again for your love and support. It means the world to me.
I love you,
Kelli

~M~ said...

You will be okay, I will speak to you on Friday and I wished I could be by your side. Love ya, Mish

Anonymous said...

Kelli, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have been in a similar situation before as well and i can promise you, TIME WILL HEAL EVERYTHING!! Like Mish said, take the time to grieve and even be angry, I know I was. It just doesn't seem fair does it? My prayers are with you and your entire family. This has to hurt you all. Please know that even though we have never met....when I am giving my thanks tomarrow i will be thanking that YOU are okay. The doctors will take good care of you on Friday I am sure. Good Luck my dear. I will end this with a song that I heard ust the other day..."Momma whispered softly, time will ease your pain. Life's about changing, nothing ever stays the same. And she said, How can I help you to say goodbye? It's okay to hurt, and it's okay to cry. Come let me hold you, and I will try. How can I can help you? To say good-bye."

I truely feel for you Kelli, may God bless you always.

~M~ said...

Kelly the way you are is why I call you my friend. Your heartfelt comment was heart touching. I love ya girl and thanks for supporting someone else that is important to me! Love ya

French Fry said...

Thank you so much blue genie. I really appreciate your kind words and your prayers. That will help the most. I do feel very thankful for the three beautiful healthy children I already have but I was ready for one more in my life. Took me a little while to get ready but I believe I was and that part is just hard. Thanks again and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving and God bless you too.

~M~ said...

group hug!

Anonymous said...

Kelli, my thoughts and prayers are with you too. I feel the same as Kelly when she says that you can lean on US. I know we have not met in person, but through the blog we have met in heart. So just know that our hearts are here and waiting for you anytime you need them. Thinking of you!!!

French Fry said...

Thanks so much billy "o". I agree I feel like I know you guys like we are life long friends. Thanks for your love and support...means a lot.

~M~ said...

ain't friendship grand?!?

~M~ said...

ain't friendship grand?!?