Sunday, December 23, 2007

Day 2...... RUN it is Space Mountain!!!!!!!!

Sunday morning we wake up early and since we gained an hour in California we all felt ready to go!!!! The weather was gorgeous and we all decided to walk to the park instead of spending $3.00 per person for a whole entire day of shuttle, who's bright idea was that one????? The walk was great in the morning it was about a 20 minute walk and we were all excited and weren't thinking of the agony our feet would be feeling on the walk home!!!!! We get to the park and we beat most of the crowd from pre buying our tickets, boy we were smart on that one... We walk in the gate and the beauty of Disney Land is overpowering at first. I sent you all a pic from my phone of the first thing I saw. It was lush green and just fascinating I will do this again!!!! Laurie and her family have been before 5 years ago so she was making me hurry hurry I was hurrying and taking the pic and send it as I was speed walking! At first I was like whoa sister in law I don't want to miss a thing and Shell needs coffee now!!!!!! Even though my loving sister in law was annoyed with my coffee stop she let me go into the first bakery in downtown Disney. It was beautiful and the people were so nice beckoning me in. I order my coffee and get a yogurt parfait thing and think wow I will sip my coffee and eat as we stroll through downtown Disney. Wow was I wrong. My sister in law and the kids gulped their shit down and Laurie started to almost run! I was like whoa what is the fricken hurry I am enjoying this stroll and my damn coffee!!!! Those of you that know me know that I need coffee to be nice! As I am trying to keep up with my family I notice we are running towards a ride, now in Disneyland you can't tell what you are getting yourself into they are all internal and so you just have to go with the flow. So at the entrance of Space Mountain I have to throw my coffee away that I had two fucking sips of and my only half eaten parfait that tasted like a dream and RUN! Finally I ask Tim why are we fucking running for this damn ride? And a guy running along side us said it is unheard of that there is only a ten minute wait for Space Mountain. I run thinking who the hell cares I had to throw away my coffee and I am pissed! What I didn't know is the length you actually walk inside those rides before you get to part where you ride. I didn't have to throw my coffee away until the last minute which pissed me off even further! So we finally get to the ride after about a 10 minute walk in this mountain that looks like a space ship and Laurie says you are riding with me! I am like what the hell does this do I might not want to go on it! And oh shit we are in the front seat! What if I puke???? She said you will see it is fun! Well it was fun all right and scared the shit out of me! Wow riding a roller coaster in the pitch dark and then what I didn't know is they take a delightful picture of you when you are scared shitless on the ride and when you get out everyone is laughing at everyone's picture!!! I didn't need coffee after that nor was I pissed about throwing mine away anymore it got my adrenaline going and it was exhilarating and I had so much fun I was ready to run to every ride in the park! Wow we did too! These rides are fricken amazing and the wait you really don't give a shit about because every one of them is of great length and so unforgettable! We had a great first day in the park we hardly had to wait in line at all except for the Indiana Jones ride and boy after riding that one I would of waited an hour if we had too! The Splash Mountain one was great too who new riding around in a log and falling 50 feet could be so much fun! I did buy that picture Brooke's face when we fell was priceless!!!!!! Who would of know being scared out of your mind would be such a highlight to my day! We road about every ride in Disneyland in about a little over an hour and we decided to hop on over to California Adventure. California Adventure is AMAZING I think I actually like it better then Disneyland, it is less busy and the roller coaster and soaring over California were the most amazing rides I will ever have the chance to be on!!!! Soaring over California was the first one we hit in that park. That was well worth the 30 minute wait. You get in these seats and they raise you up into a HUGE wrap around screen and you feel like you are hang gliding over the Ocean, a forest, mountains, and many other things! It was incredible and when you flew over the Ocean you could smell the ocean and when you flew over the mountains you could smell pine. It was the most impressive thing I have ever done it was like floating on a cloud and the fee I paid for our three day passes was truly worth this ride alone!!!!!! Next the roller coaster I was like "oh I don't know you go upside down over mickey mouses head?" I was nervous I am not young anymore but hell we were in line and I don't think anyone is letting me chicken out! Well at the beginning of the ride you start out in the water and they do a count down and you are off! 60 miles an hour or faster and at first I FORGOT to breath I was like "breath Michelle just breath!" I saw the upside part coming and I shut my eyes tight! I tell you what I wanted to do that roller coaster again and again that was a thrill not easily duplicated! My favorite ride to date is Screamin California! Amazing we all knew we would have to ride that one again but at night!!!!! My next favorite ride was Tower of Terror. Now even though Laurie and her family had been before this ride was just being built so we would all experience this together for the first time. Talk about cool! You walk in and it looks like a old Hollywood hotel that was abandoned in the 30's. Everything on these rides is so authentic! We wind around the lobby and into this room where everyone stands in the middle of the room and this old black and white tv comes on telling you about the people that disappeared in the hotel one night in the elevator it is a twilight zone movie. Then they open the doors and tell us our service elevator is waiting for us. We wind around a boiler room and enter the elevator where we all sit and everything turns black and all you see is space! Totally cool then you stop on a floor the doors open and floor shows you the ghosts of the people that disappeared and then you go down to another floor where you see a huge mirror that reflects everyone on the ride then the mirror goes ghostly the doors to the elevator shut and it drops you all the way down, and then back up where the doors open to the outside and you can see the whole park! Now that was fun!!!!! We did so many incredible rides I couldn't possibly give justice just by writing about each and every one of them!!!! When we rode everything we could and our feet were so dead we decided we wanted to eat at the Rain Forest Cafe'. Wow we had to wait 2 HOURS but you know it was totally worth it! Walking back to the room that night was slow, we were all so dead tired we decided to walk to the restaurant. I honestly didn't think that my feet were going to make it! The Rain Forest Cafe' was well worth the wait and we all laughed at our hefty tickets! Wow that was an only one time thing! Then the walk back to the hotel I don't think my feet have ever hurt that bad!!!!! Thank God for a hot tub at our hotel!!!!!! Well now on to day three........

No comments: