Wednesday, October 8, 2008

April 27 1969 ~ October 8 1982

Today is always a day that I wake up and remember. I lost my childhood friend on this day. Wow 26 years she has been gone. So in memory of a very dear friend that lost her life too young I dedicate my blog to her. Stacey Linn Satterfield. The loss of anyone you love is very profound and it seems to dull as years go by but it always sits in the back of your mind. It comes full force to the front of your mind with day of death anniversary and birthdays. So today for anyone that has lost someone they love deeply I have a poem that I read often especially when I lose someone I love. Love all around.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush
I am the swift, uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.

No comments: