Monday, February 18, 2008

Tired on Monday!

Well we are back from Denver! We arrived Friday night in Fort Collins and had a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday. I was excited to go there because they make the best Mojitos! Remember Paula? Then we headed to the liqour store for some alcohol for Theresa and the girls. After I made it to about midnight I was tired and knowing we had to get up early and start our day I went to bed. Driving has always made me tired and unfortunately with my eye situation sometimes my body isn't but over working the eyes makes it necessary for me to call it a day. Especially if I want my eyes to work for all the driving I would be doing the next day! Theresa and her girls had great conversations and unfortunately when alcohol was involved our neighbors heard them too and called security! yikes huh! So the girls finally went to bed around 3:30 or 4:00 am and that is about the time I actually got to fall fully asleep myself. Did we get up with the alarm at 6 am like planned and be out the door at 8am to start our day? NO we were all tired! We did get going about 10ish and out the door to get breakfast and arrived at David's Bridal at 11:00 am for Theresa's appointment. Did she find the dress of her dreams? Yes she did and found it in the second dress she tried on! It is beautiful and looks beautiful on her. She will be a head turning bride and I am so happy she found a dress of her dreams. She also found a veil and tiara in the first try, I must say we had an awesome lady to help us at David's Bridal! After David's Bridal we stopped by a Walgreens we all had maybe 3 to 4 hours of sleep and we knew we had a long day ahead of us so we stopped in there to get those 5 hour energy shots? Have you heard of them? Well they have tons of vitamin B and they are suppose to give you a real boost of energy. What they don't tell you on the bottle is to beware this stuff taste like SHIT! I mean more like some dirty socks had been soaked in water and you had to drink 2 ounces of the shit! The first half of my shot made me gag and then cough and I spit some up in the parking lot. Then I braved drinking the rest and the shit just wouldn't go down and I ended up spitting some in my purse! Fuck the shit even smelled like a stinky mildewy old wash cloth! I think I was the only one that had much trouble choking it down! It did give me the energy I needed though to make it through the rest of the day of driving and running. I don't know about the other girls if they felt like it helped but I thought it was well worth the awful taste because I made it through the rest of the day without being to bad of a bitch. Warning lack of sleep sometimes make Michelle a bitch! ha-ha We weren't as lucky finding a bridesmaid dress yet but we do have couple that our good choices. We sure tried on a lot and Desirea and I more then the other girls. They just don't carry the dresses in good sample sizes so we could try them on everyone. So after 4 shops we were just tired of the sample sizes and selections. Like we told Theresa it is your wedding honey, don't try to please everyone you pick the one you like we will get measured and we will wear the gown with no complaints. At our last Bridal shop though we might of not found that perfect bridesmaid dress but she did find the perfect flower girl dresses! Boy we drove like forever to get to this bridal shop but it was worth it just wait until you see these little beauties! They are so perfect! After the last shop we needed to make it back to our Hotel which was in Fort Collins, lucky for us Barb, Theresa's mother in law to be bought us a hotel in Denver so we didn't have to go all the way to Fort Collins. What an upgrade let me tell you! The Brown Palace! Wow my car was parked our bags were brought in and champagne was handed to us as we checked in. What a beautiful hotel all I can say on a description is the Titanic. It was beyond beautiful! Barb was so kind to do that for us and we all felt like royalty! After check in and gawking at our beautiful rooms we had my car brought back up and set Richard up to get us to our next destination dinner. Who is Richard let me tell you Richard is a life saver and made our destinations a snap! Richard is a TomTom navigation system that Sean got from his parents for Christmas. We gave it the name Richard because Richard is the voice we chose when he spoke to us. You just put a address in and he tell you exactly where to turn and even when you make a mistake he will turn you around and get you were you need to be. Cool shit I tell ya. We went to a place called Chubby's for dinner it is a dive that serves Mexican food that the kids wanted to go to, it was good, then off to the Mall because the kids wanted clothes. It is unfortunate there is no place in Casper that girls with a little extra to them can buy clothes that our actually in style and size appropriate. The girls had a ball in there and found so many things they were as happy as Christmas! After a few hours in there we were all spent and not just me this time everyone was tired and we all were asleep by 11:00 at least! Who couldn't sleep like an angel in a bed like that! The beds in the Brown Palace were so amazing! We got up and moving early because the girls wanted to go to the mall, well forgetting it is a Sunday I didn't think they might not open at 9 and damn not even 10 they opened at 11! So the girls got some breakfast and we headed back into Fort Collins because by the time we would arrive the mall would be open. We did get to run into Kohl's for a bit which made me happy that is something I seriously needed to get done if it was possible because this is the only place I can buy jeans in petites that aren't old lady jeans! And the girls made it to the mall. Fort Collins mall isn't that great unfortunatly. I don't think I was anybody's hero by this point in the trip. I am the type of person that trips make me tired and I don't travel at dark (it is hell on my one eye that is still diseased) and I like to be home in time to eat dinner with my family that I missed and get my laundry done for the week. I think if I wasn't the designated driver everyone would of stayed later then I would so next time I probably won't be asked to drive ha-ha! I guess we all have our quirks and this is one of mine I don't like to drive when I get too tired and shopping trips like these wear me out. I guess I am old and safety is huge to me and I know my limits. So sorry girls I might of been a downer but remember I didn't get to sleep on the way home. ;0) I was asleep on the couch at 7:30 pm and no I didn't get my laundry done! But I had the most awesome dinner when I got home that Tim spent all day preparing. He is a good husband and since we haven't got to celebrate our anniversary yet that was such a wonderful thing he did! So was the trip a success I think it was! Just wait until the Wedding Day you will all get to see the magic! Love all around!
Thought for the day:
I have learned it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion not proof to destroy it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.