Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm Back!

Hello all! I hope all of you had a very nice Thanksgiving Holiday! I had an awesome Holiday weekend. My mother fixed us the feast this year which was good as always. MMMMM I love Turkey. Paula and I left after dinner to head to Colorado for our Christmas shopping. We relaxed our first night we arrived. Since everything was closed we picked up some Mike's Hard Lemonade kicked back watched tv and went to sleep early to get up for our next days shop a thon! I always have to go to Kohl's in Fort Collins it is the best sales and it is just a great store. Paula asked me earlier in the week when I wanted to go to Kohl's I said Black Friday when they open. Well then I saw a commercial and they opened at 4 am and I said Fuck that we will go around 8ish lol! So our first day we hit Kohl's and then to the Olive Garden because by 11:30 we were both starving and ready for a drink! After a nice lunch we headed to our other usuals, Circuit City, Walgreens, Target and then to the Mall. By 4ish we were done shopping for the day and we checked into our room and headed down to the lounge. Well we were both pretty toasted by 8! The stay in this Hotel was a story. When we check in we get a room that smells like hmmmmm SHIT and the toilet just runs and runs! So we get a new room and she puts us by the pool. We figure the pool closes by 10 and we will probably be drunk by then so the noise won't bother us. BUT when we go to get to our room it is on the second floor and no elevators to get to it and a small winding staircase is what we have to tromp up with our big suitcases! GEEZE! We get in our room and then the fire alarm starts going off! How fucking annoying we look over the balcony of our room and no one is panicking so we figure a kid pulled the alarm. So we continue to get ready to go to the lounge and Paula goes to put the hand towel on the rack and the rack falls off the wall. Oh my this hotel is just a disaster! We laughed about that and still annoyed by the alarm make our way down the spiral staircase that Paula is now concerned about when we are done drinking making it back up! Well we did make it back up those spiral stairs even after one of us killed two bottles of wine LOL! So needless to say that was another early night so no problem being up at 6:30 am to start our second day of shopping. We leave town to head to Gordman's which I have to tell you I think this is my new favorite store! We have a blast shopping our ass's off and then off to lunch at Ruby Tuesdays (and yes I still had a Mojitio there even after my Mojitio experience) then to Best Buy and then the Flat Irons Mall. If you have never been to the Flat Iron's Mall you have to go that is the best and nicest Mall I have been too. About 3:30 we are both just done with shopping! Our lists are pretty much complete and we are just pooped! So Paula treats us to a probably 5 star hotel the The Omni which is absolutely beautiful! WOWWEEEE! So we check in to our room and we are down in the lounge by I would say 4:30. Boy did we get DRUNK! Holy Shit we were the only ones in there for a while. We were given a dish of mixed nuts, crackers, pretzels and the oddest thing dried peas! I have no idea what possessed us but we started making faces on the table with the bar mix and then took pictures of them with my phone. I was sending to my husband who actually thought I was nuts and then Paula said send them to the girls they will like it! So we did and they sent us one back of their creation. So in a sense we partied with them but in separate bars and States for that matter. About 11 we thought we better go to our room since we were both drunk! When we got to our room we were laughing and noticed some HUGE cylinder shaped pillows in which we thought were perfect pillow fight material. Sooooo both being drunk we had a good old fashion pillow fight until LOL....... Paula hit her chin on my head! I ran and got her ice. What a sight I am sure that was me running up and down the hall looking for an ice machine drunk off my ass. Well we never did use the ice for Paula's injury we decided to call it a night and we both passed out! So we had a blast! Hope some time we can get a bigger group to go on our Holiday shopping! Love all around! Smoooooches!

No comments: