Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What can be said......

I'm not sure if that comment about you don't want to be your kids best friend you are their mother was meant for me, but yes I am my kids best friend and they are not afraid to confide in me and I'm not afraid or ashamed to talk to them. Randi knew about you in the contest from Brooke not me. Theresa
I don't like handling things this way but it seems to be the direction this is going. My blog is my diary of my thoughts, my dreams, and my fun or disappointment and so I guess I will use this outlet to say what I need to say. Just to clear something up this comment was not directed to you. This blog was written before me finding out the events of Saturday night. I was stating that because that is they way I am. When they were wanting to discuss the events of what I had done, I just said to them yes this is why you don't drink too much because you do stupid things as your mother did! I would never tell anyone else how to parent ever it is not my place. I now realize Brooke told Randi of my behavior and I also take full responsibility for my actions and that I now know you're never safe from your kids finding out what you do. I might not however ever tell someone how to parent but with that being said I would never cross a line and disrespect the rules, wishes or beliefs of another parent. I am saying my comment was not directed at anyone just stating the events and how I am with my children.
If a comment on face book was directed at me well then this is how I feel about that.... Hypocrite is a person that says one thing and does another. I am a 40 year old woman that drinks that does not let my 16 & 17 year old drink. If you feel that makes me a hypocrite then I guess I am. But I feel that is a delusional way of looking at the meaning of that word. And as for people in glass houses should not cast stones. Well the way I see that is I am the woman standing in the shattered glass house that the stone was cast at. I am hurt beyond measurement. I feel all people fuck up in life but how you handle it by your actions, words, behavior and how you take responsibility for what you have done is key. If I fuck up with a friend that I love I would be at their door telling them I fucked up, I hope they could find a way in their heart to forgive me and take full responsibility for what I had done. I know we are all human and it is hard not to cast a finger at another. I am not a perfect person. I am hurt yes, but what is worse is my daughter is so hurt she can't even smile and she is feeling guilt for something a child should not feel guilt over.
What has happened has happened. We can not turn back what is done. I do not cast judgment on anyone but I can clearly feel the way I do and that feeling at this point in time is...... My trust has been broken, and my heart is broken. Nothing more nothing less.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I commented on your blog before Saturday night because of what you said that I told Randi about your contest which I did not! I stuck up for you and told Randi that that was not like you and that you are the one who always keeps your cool when we are drunk and taking pictures of each other boobs and sending them to our guys. Your comment was sarcastic whether you want to admit it or not and you know Michelle you sure don't hesitate to tell my daughter what I have done something crazy at the bar....so it is you who put it out on your blog for comment.

I have been told how you don't agree with my parenting which is fine, but I know that my girls are safe and at home. I do apoligize

Anonymous said...

for letting Randi drink. As for my comment on facebook...that had nothing to do with you, but maybe you should ask yourself why you thought it was. As for your daughter walking around with a smile and feeling guilty that is because you have made her feel that way. She is human and will make mistakes. I know you think that because you are strict your kids won't drink or have sex or do anything wrong...well you better open your eyes. I am just glad that my girls can come to me with anything and they will not be judged. If that makes me a bad parent then so be it. Again I am sorry, but I am not sorry for protecting the girls and having them drink at home where it is safe and not an uncontrolled environment. Like you said, "Nothing more nothing less.

Anonymous said...

for letting Randi drink. As for my comment on facebook...that had nothing to do with you, but maybe you should ask yourself why you thought it was. As for your daughter walking around with a smile and feeling guilty that is because you have made her feel that way. She is human and will make mistakes. I know you think that because you are strict your kids won't drink or have sex or do anything wrong...well you better open your eyes. I am just glad that my girls can come to me with anything and they will not be judged. If that makes me a bad parent then so be it. Again I am sorry, but I am not sorry for protecting the girls and having them drink at home where it is safe and not an uncontrolled environment. Like you said, "Nothing more nothing less.

~M~ said...

My girls can come to me with anything also. I might be stricter then you but I don't close off my kids to talking to me. Randi is feeling guilty not because of me but because she feels she is part of the reason you and I are at odds. Randi is a child she is not in trouble or grounded for drinking at your house she is 17 and that is an age appropriate thing to drink but to have a responsible adult give that to my child and not tell her no that is the problem. I don't care how you parent you kids I honeslty don't that is your personal choice and I never told you that I didn't agree with you on it. My problem is you chose to parent my child over my wishes my beliefs and my rules. That comment was not directed to YOU. I was saying it put me in a tight situation cause my kids wanted to talk to me about the contest like we are best friends not as if they were my daughters. I couldn't act like I was all cool I had to tell them that is what happens when you drink too much. I don't care that you discussed it with Randi Theresa I don't and I never told Randi that I did. I don't know why you are being indignant to me. You hurt me and continue to do so. Your choice. I am done.

Anonymous said...

Okidoki. No problem.

Billy O said...

WOW...mom upside down! Seasons come seasons go, I am your friend and I refuse to let you go!! Smooches Mich!!